Tine Orel's memorial room at the premises of Trzin Mountaineering Association
There is a memorial room of Tine Orel, professor, headmaster, alpinist and editor. The visit is possible in agreement with the president of the mountaineering association.
Trzin Sports Park
Nicely arranged sports park with field grounds and playgrounds.
In the forest near Trzin sports park, there is a popular spot with a spring, a bench to rest on and a wooden footbridge over the stream. Due to high population density of Dobeno, where the spring is supplied with water, water from the spring is not drinkable anymore.
Due to its elongated character, Dobeno is divided into Zgornje Dobeno, Srednje Dobeno and Spodnje Dobeno. The hilly village is a popular hiking point on the gentle ledges of the eastern slope of Rašica. The country characteristics of the village faded away as holiday and residential houses prevail, with only few farms here and there. There are various inns in the village where you can have a snack or a drink: Pri Blažu Tourist Farm, Dobenski hram Inn, and the oldest inn, Pri Ručigaju Inn.
Dovga dolina ski slope
A small ski slope with a ski lift and artificial snowmaking. Moreover, a small cottage is situated at the foothills and is open during ski season.
The castle on the foothills of Rašica was first mentioned in the 14th century. It was built by Lamberg lords. It has had various owners since then. The extensive interior equipment, including paintings, tapestries and wall paintings, was 'lost' after World War II, because the castle was used for various purposes and activities. The castle is beautifully renovated; you can take a look at the wedding hall decorated with Jelovšek's frescoes, multi-purpose hall and castle courtyard with arcades.
The surroundings are nicely arranged, in a peaceful and dignified manner.
Abandoned quarry with blast furnace
The former quarry which was used as auditorium is abandoned today.
Church of St Florian in Trzin
The Church of St Florian was mentioned already in 1301. A cross, a chandelier and a 15-century statue of St Florian, made of sandstone, have been preserved.
The first reconstruction of the church in the Baroque style was most probably made in 1649. A stone with this year is now built in the bridge in front of the church. Baroque reconstructions took place between 1725 and 1733. Three new altars were erected: the main altar of St Florian, the left side altar of St Urban and the right side altar of St Leonard. What is more, a chapel of St Francis Xavier was also added.
The original Gothic church was facing the opposite direction compared to the present day church. The entrance was under the bell tower and the altar was directed towards the present day entrance. Everything was turned by 180 degrees with Baroque reconstructions. The approximate appearance of the original church has been used at the statue of St Florian at the main altar. A sacristy was built in the 19th century and a choir was added later. The church is supposedly arranged with Plečnik's equipment from 1958. The equipment consists of a free-standing eight-angled stone holy-water front in the nave, a niche with an older plastic, a hanging ceiling lamp and a cross on the northern side of the nave.
Monument to the fallen soldiers from the National Liberation War (at the elementary school)
Erected to commemorate 30 fallen soldiers and victims of fascist violence in World War II.
Ivan Hribar Culture Centre with a fountain
It represents the information, cultural and tourist centre of Trzin. The centre is named after Dr Ivan Hribar, a famous citizen of Trzin, who was the mayor of Ljubljana between 1896 and 1910. In the centre, you can see a statue of this famous Slovenian. In front of the centre is a fountain called Spring (Pomlad) by Metod Frlec.
Monument to the Independence of Slovenia on the bridge in Trzin
During Slovenian Independence War in 1991, Trzin was the stage of one of the fiercest battles between the Slovenian Territorial Defence and the armoured unit of the Yugoslav People's Army. A monument was erected on the bridge to commemorate this event.
Well in Pod gozdom Street
One of many wells in Trzin from the past times.