Mengeš Cultural Centre
The main part of the Cultural Centre is the hall, which has been hosting performances of Špas teater theatre in the past decade. Špas teater shows attract visitors from all over Slovenia.
Sports park and Harmonija Sports Centre
The Sports Park extends between Mengeš Cultural Centre and Harmonija Sports Centre. It is nicely arranged and has football, basketball and tennis grounds, etc.
The wellness centre was constructed under the principles of feng shui. It enables recreation and various wellness services at 5,000 m2 of indoor surfaces; it also has 12 hotel rooms, a restaurant and a café.
Church of St. Michael
The church is the oldest and most valuable monument of art in Mengeš, especially because of its 15th century Gothic presbytery with remarkable frescoes by Janez of Ljubljana. The older Romanesque design was replaced with a Gothic and later a Baroque one. The baptistery and confessional were made according to the plans of architect Jože Plečnik.
Birthplace and a monument of writer Janez Trdina
Trdina was born on 29 May 1830. A municipal holiday is held in Mengeš on that day. Who is not familiar with Trdina's Fairytales and Stories about Gorjanci? The monument stands near the Church of St. Michael.
Birthplace and monument of painter Franc Jelovšek
The monument to the father of Baroque painting in Carniola stands in front of the Church of St. Michael
The hut of scouts detachment is located in a natural amphitheatre below Gobavica.
Cegvanški bajer Pond
Cegvanški pond is an artificial lake in Mengeš. The lake and the grassy clearing by the lake are the perfect environment for recreation, while fishing enthusiasts who purchase a fishing licence can enjoy angling.
Puhliški bajer Pond
A natural pond, overgrown with reed on the eastern side, while the western side offers a place for rest, fishing and picnics.
Mengeš ski jump centre
The centre consists of two plastic-covered ski jumps of Mengeš ski jump centre.
Monument to hostages at Zaloke
It was erected in the memory of thirty hostages who were shot in 1945.
The castle originates from the 16th century. It is one of the three central Mengeš castles. The castle as well as its vicinity are nicely arranged and renovated.
Nowadays, the large complex barely resembles a castle, rather a neglected outbuilding, because the present owner is in a dispute with the municipality and uses the complex to dump waste material there. He also breeds goats which freely roam and graze around the complex.
An inn with a soul is located in the marvellous surroundings below the top of Gobavica.