Church of St. Florian ,
The Gothic Church of St. Florian was built in the mid-14th century. What has been preserved from it are the cross, chandelier and a sandstone statue of St. Florian, which was made in the 15th century.
The first reconstruction of the church in the Baroque style was most probably made in 1649. A stone with this year set in it is built in the bridge in front of the church. Baroque reconstructions also took place between 1725 and 1733. Three new altars were set up: the main altar of St. Florian, the left side-altar of St. Urban and the right side-altar of St. Leonard, and the chapel of St. Francis Xavier.
The original Gothic church was facing the opposite direction compared to the present-day church. The entrance was under the belfry, and the altar was directed towards the present-day entrance. Only the belfry and a part of the presbytery have been preserved until today. The building was turned by 180 degrees with the Baroque reconstructions. The approximate appearance of the original church has been preserved by the statue of St. Florian at the main altar. The church was heavily damaged during the earthquake in 1895, but has obtained a new neo-romantic image by 1900. A vestry was built in the 19th century and the choir was added later.
The church supposedly houses Plečnik's equipment from 1958. The equipment consists of a free-standing eight-angled stone holy-water font in the nave, a niche with an older plastic, a hanging ceiling lamp and a cross on the northern side of the nave.
Trzin Sports Park
Nicely arranged sports park with field grounds and playgrounds.
Ivan Hribar Culture Centre with a fountain
This is informational, cultural and tourist centre of Trzin. It got its name after a famous Trzin local, Dr Ivan Hribar, who was a mayor of Ljubljana from 1896 to 1910. You can see his statue at the Centre's premises and Pomlad (Spring) fountain in front of the Centre.
Abandoned quarry with a blast furnace
The former quarry was used as an auditorium and is nowadays abandoned.
National Liberation War monument at the primary school
The monument was erected in the memory of thirty fallen soldiers and victims of the fascist violence during World War II.
Monument on the bridge commemorating Slovenian Independence
During the Slovenian Independence War in 1991, Trzin was the stage of one of the fiercest battles between the Slovenian Territorial Defence and the armoured unit of the Yugoslav People's Army. The monument was erected in the memory of these events.
One of the many wells in Trzin from the past times.
Tine Orel's memorial room at Onger Mountaineering Association
A memorial room of professor, headmaster, mountaineer and editor, Tine Orel, was arranged at the Association. The visit is possible in agreement with the president of Onger Mountaineering Association.
The clustered settlement lies at the altitude of 430 metres on the sunny slope of the eponymous hill on the northern edge of the Ljubljana Basin. The settlement was first mentioned in 1260, while its Church of Holy Cross was first mentioned in 1526. The original Gothic-style church was reconstructed in the Baroque style in the 17th and 18th centuries. It was burned down together with the village by the Germans in the Second World War, and was reconstructed after the war.
Dobeno is a village made up from three groups of scattered houses; these are Zgornje Dobeno, Srednje Dobeno and Spodnje Dobeno. It is a popular destination for hiking only a shot away from Ljubljana, located in a green and peaceful environment, providing some beautiful views and good gastronomic offering.
Church of St. Primus and Felician in Loka .
The nicely renovated church, which is a monument of art, is located in the middle of the plain on the right bank of the Pšata River. It hosts concerts of choir and chamber music.
The castle on the foothills of Rašica was first mentioned in the 14th century. It was built by the Lamberg family, and it has had many different owners since then. The extensive interior equipment, including paintings, tapestries and wall paintings, was 'lost' after the Second World War, because the castle was used for various purposes and activities. The castle is nicely renovated.
The landscape along the cycling route changes its character several times. From an urban environment, it turns into forests, which change into beautiful pastures as the route climbs (below Rašica and Dobeno), while on the other side, after the descent, it turns into a flat landscape of the Mengeš Field, which is fully and nicely cultivated and where various crops are grown, and which stretches all the way to villages and hamlets intertwined with well maintained paths.